My 10 Golden Kitchen Rules
Each to their own when it comes to kitchen rules. Aside
from food hygiene and Health & Safety rules; knives stacked in wooden rack and that staffs must also appear neat with clean clothes, wash their hands in clean soapy warm water at all times blah….blah….blah. Let me share my own kitchen rules
with you my beloved blog clan.
- Never let your staffs think you rely on them 100%. My Naija aunties ‘madam de madam’ take note!
- Don’t divulge or share every recipe staffs might steal and patent exclusive rights. McDonald and KFC are renowned for the mystery surrounding their recipes as most celebrity
- Treat your staffs with respect, enough to gain their loyalty without risking unexpected disloyalty for over sharing the ins and outs of your business. Business
relationship should be kept at respectful distance.
- Keep an eye on the ‘not-so-innocent" amorous Amara from the village making out with dick-weasel Chike who can’t
keep it in the trouser.
- Alcohol is unacceptable subject to grace and favours strictly only during festivities.
Bosses can be hard to please equally as difficult and ungrateful staffs. No love lost pointless trying to please either party.
- Staffs are there to earn
a living: they are there for the money pure and simple. Pay day is pay day there should be no excuse.
- Over familiarity with staffs often hasten conflict of interest abridge
business interest. Both parties should be fully aware of their boundaries.
- Respect should be reciprocal, treat people same way you expect them to treat you.
Above all, draw up a written contract, get it right from the outset.